Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Men’s Underwear as an Economic Indicator

While it's a very interesting read, I'm not sure that I would agree with the underwear portion. In the times of WWII, that made sense, since during the recession around then no one wanted to spend money on extra clothes, you wore them until they were irreparable.

Here's my theater geek moment:

My reasoning behind this (since I didn't live back then) is that my college is putting on Brighton Beach Memoirs right now, and the costume designer did the research to back that up. For example - the mother is darning Eugine's socks, which you would very rarely see someone doing today.

In addition to the many others out there, I am still going to go out and replace my underwear and socks about once a year, and the recession hasn't had an impact on that.

"There are two kinds of people in this world, those that hate you to your face, and those that hate you behind your back." -Edited From Queer As Folk

No comments:

Post a Comment